Reminder of Public Hearings on the Proposed Federal Electoral Map
for British Columbia
Deadline for Notice of Representation is August 30, 2012
VANCOUVER, Monday, August 20, 2012 — The Federal Electoral Boundaries Commission for British Columbia is set to hold public hearings on the new federal electoral map it recently proposed.
The commission makes final decisions about where the electoral boundaries will be located after consultation, giving the public and members of Parliament an opportunity to express their views and participate in the process.
Everyone is invited to attend. Those wishing to make a representation at a hearing are requested to send the commission written notice no later than August 30, 2012. The commission is also accepting written comments until October 18, 2012.
Meet the commission to discuss its proposal at these places and times:
- NORTH VANCOUVER, Holiday Inn, 700 Old Lillooet Road, Monday, September 10, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- SQUAMISH, Executive Suites Garibaldi Springs Resort, 40900 Tantalus Road, Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- SURREY, Sheraton Guildford, 15269 104th Avenue, Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- DELTA, Coast Tsawwassen Inn, 1665 56 Street, Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- PRINCE GEORGE, Coast Inn of the North, 770 Brunswick Street, Monday, September 17, 2012 at 2 p.m.
- LANGLEY, Coast Hotel & Convention Centre, 20393 Fraser Highway, Tuesday, September 18, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- ABBOTSFORD, Ramada Plaza & Conference Centre, 36035 North Parallel Road, Wednesday, September 19, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- MAPLE RIDGE, Council Chambers, Municipal Hall, 11995 Haney Place, Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- VANCOUVER, Harbour Centre Building, Simon Fraser University, 515 West Hastings Street, Monday, September 24, 2012 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- RICHMOND, Best Western Abercorn Inn, 9260 Bridgeport Road, Tuesday, September 25, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- NEW WESTMINSTER, Inn at the Quay, 900 Quayside Drive, Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- COQUITLAM, Executive Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, 405 North Road, Thursday, September 27, 2012 at 2 p.m.
- CRANBROOK, Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, 803 Cranbrook Street North, Monday, October 1, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- NELSON, Best Western Baker Street Inn, 153 Baker Street, Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- CASTLEGAR, Fireside Inn Hotel & Conference Centre, 1810 8th Avenue, Wednesday, October 3, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- PENTICTON, Penticton Lakeside Resort, 21 Lakeshore Drive West, Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- KELOWNA, Ramada Hotel & Conference Centre, 2170 Harvey Avenue, Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- KAMLOOPS, Kamloops Convention Centre, 1250 Rogers Way, Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- COURTENAY, Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community, 399 Clubhouse Drive, Monday, October 15, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- NANAIMO, Coast Bastion Inn, 11 Bastion Street, Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- VICTORIA, Victoria Conference Centre, 720 Douglas Street, Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 7 p.m.
- BURNABY, Holiday Inn Express Metrotown, 4405 Central Boulevard, Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 7 p.m.
For complete address information for public hearings, visit www.federal-redistribution.ca under British Columbia > Public Hearings.
To make a representation, send notice to the commission by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail (1095 West Pender Street, Suite 301, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6E 2M6). Hearings may be cancelled if no notice of representation is received.
To consult the proposal online, visit www.federal-redistribution.ca. The proposal was also published as a supplement to the Canada Gazette on August 4, 2012. To obtain a copy, contact the commission at 1-855-747-7236 (toll-free).
Federal Electoral Boundaries Commission for British Columbia
1095 West Pender Street, Suite 301
Vancouver, British Columbia
Tel.: 1-855-747-7236 (toll-free)
Fax: 1-855-747-7237 (toll-free)